A Message from Abby Gulick
" I have worked as a teacher, discoveror and physical laborer out in the natural world for many years before deciding to follow my other professional dreams of practicing and teaching massage therapy, yoga and Traditional Thai Yoga massage and energetic bodywork. I know the strengths and the limits we can push our bodies beyond. That being said, I know that pain happens. For years, I have used massage and yoga to heal and nourish my own sense of health and well being. I can assist you in healing your pain, strain or injury, so that you can get back to doing what you do.
In 2000, I graduated from University of Northern Iowa with a degree in Biology, emphasis in Biological Resources. I have served all over the country in environmental education, river guiding, wildlife and botanical surveying, native plant research, trail building and crew leading. I served 2 years in Guatemala as a Peace Corps Volunteer and 4 seasons as Interpretive Ranger at Mesa Verde National Park.
I’ve traveled to the ends of the earth, learning and living in many different cultures. My travels to Asia and South and Central America in pursuit of learning, healing, spiritual journeys, and non-profit work have enriched my soul and contributed to the work I offer through my hands and heart. I am passionate about connecting others to the earth and their higher self. "
Since receiving my massage license in 2011 from Connecting Point School of Massage in Telluride, CO, I continue to gain more education and share my knowledge to students both local and abroad:
- 2014 I received certificate in Traditional Thai Massage studying with Integral Travel in Thailand and Bali
- 2015, 2016 I taught Thai massage and Swedish massage at Connecting Point School of Massage and Spa Therapies in Telluride
- 2015 I completed Jill Lawson’s 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- 2016 Studied at Baan Hom Samunphrai School; Thai Foot Reflexology and Thai Herbal Therapies
- 2016 I assisted 3 weeks of teaching Thai Massage with Integral Travel in Thailand
- 2016 Completed Shiva Rea’s Prana Vinyasa 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training led by Monica Mesa
- 2017 I led and taught Integral Travel's Thai Massage certification program in Southern Thailand
- 2017 Trained with Ohm Rinraya at Omsala, Chiang Mai, Thailand abdominal massage called Chi Nei Tsang I-II
- Additional continuing education and interests include energy medicine and herbal medicine.